Membership categories and fees
- Full Individual Membership £75 per annum - click here to download an application form
- Matwork/Associate Membership £60 per annum - click here to download an application form
- Student membership £20.00 - click here to download an application form
- Support and guidance in Career Development
- Register of Teachers- clear differentiation of skills and knowledge
- Wide based CPD recognition
- Representation to Government and health bodies at National and International level
- Guidance on current criteria for health and safety and screening clients
- Use of logo on marketing materials
- Links with Professional Bodies
- Networking and social media group
- Discount on products and Insurance services
- more to follow as we grow
To join this category you must have completed a minimum of 450 hours comprehensive education. Because of the current UK and European guidelines for Pilates matwork and the link with these standards to the medical profession you should consider attaining a UK level 3/4 award in addition to your teaching award or apply for accrditation of prior learning (APL) . Guidance can be given on appropriate schools to provide the training required and how to obtain the award -however it is not compulsory.
Matwork Members ( Associate)
If you currently hold a Matwork certificate or are part way through a modular training programme from a first generation influenced School or Contemporary school you can apply to be a Matwork member or Associate. Matwork/Asssociate Members will be encouraged to develop a full qualification in a timescale suitable for their physical, mental and financial position. Support for matwork members should be available from any full member and studio. Because of the current UK and European guidelines for Pilates matwork and the link with these standards to the medical profession you should hold a UK level 3/4 award in addition to your teaching award or apply for accreditation of prior learning( APL). Guidance can be given on appropriate schools to provide the requied training and assessment where appropriate.
This category is open to anyone who is interested in the Pilates method. It is by being a student of the method that you develop into a teacher just as the first generation teachers did with Joseph and Clara Pilates. Student members may be Level 3 REPS Pilates teacher from a non-comprehensive school, a student of a full or associate member school or a member of the public who practices at home and wants to keep up to date with Pilates Teaching methods and practice . They will not have access to full member parts of the site but will recieve a discount on any conferences or workshops. Any level 3 REPS teacher will be offered support and guidance on developing their qualification. If you are considering becoming a Pilates Teacher in the future you can start a diary and log the classes you take before you apply for a teacher training programme.
Join the Pilates Teacher Association
Please print and complete the relevant application form which can be found at the top of the page and send to Pilates Teacher Association 9 Church Street Troon KA10 6AU along with copies of certificates. No fees are required until the application has been accepted. You will receive an acknowledgement of receipt of application by email. Scanned documents are not permitted.
If you have any questions about joining the Pilates Teacher Association please contact us